Thursday, August 23, 2012

Going Backwards


Hello Everyone,
I had some slight dissapointment here in week 6 as I actually gained about 2 lbs. To be honest, I kind of expected it. I had a week filled with birthday food and travel and stress. These are not excuses but contributions to what kicked me out of routine.

Travel is definately going to have to be a point of concentration for me. I'm doing a lot of it in the coming months. Stress is something I have to manage differently now that I'm dieting. The birthday may have had little to do with the gain except that my mom bought me cheesecake and expected me to eat it. I'm going to have to learn how to work these things out if I want to be successful.

Family kinda gets me though... My mom is always supportive of my endeavors but it seems like as soon as you tell someone you're on a diet, it's almost like they don't take you seriously and they want to get you all the things that are really bad for you. I know they are just trying to be nice but dammit, I want a fruit salad instead of birthday cake! (Ok, I liked the cheesecake but c'mon here..)

I've been hitting the gym but getting sick hasn't really been a motivater for getting up extra early to work out.

The one thing I'm determined NOT to do is quit. I've started this thing and I expect this won't be the first time in 52 weeks I post a gain. I got to thinking about all the times a gain has completely made me quit a diet and while I can't count exactly, it's happened a lot. Not this time...

So this week readers, please post me your comments on how you handle travel, stress, and celebration eating... how do you decline your mother when she gives you cheesecake? How do you decline anyone when they give you cheesecake? What do you do about party eating? These are very troubled spots for me so all the help you can give is appreciated!

Until next week...

Peace, Love, and Cheesecake,
Holly

8/21/2012

322.5 lbs

Size 26/28

Age 34

1/4 Pack a Day Smoker

1 comment:

  1. With the losses come the gains, don't let it get you off track. My advice for holidays, stress, travel, and family food pushers is to simply choose and limit your indulgences. Make it really worth it, (most) people can't or won't get really good cheesecake every day, so if you like it and it's worth it, go for it. But limit it. Count it. Give the rest away (take it to work, give it to a neighbor, anything so it's not an option for you to keep eating it). You know it, moderation is key. Keep your allotted calories in mind, eat more mindfully throughout the day if there is a party at night, or push your workout a little more to earn those extra calories and use them towards the bad stuff. Keep working out while you're traveling, the gym might not be an option but there's always somewhere to walk. And your family will get over it if you give them no other choice - if you don't REALLY REALLY want it, just like you learned back in the day... just say no! Be firm and consistent, if they're offended by your decline, tell them you're offended by their lack of support in your choice to better yourself. Keep working hard, don't let yourself be deterred from your goals. xo

    ReplyDelete